The Economic Development Program, staffed with one full time employee, supports economic development through the Bristol Bay Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) planning and implementation activities with the U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA) planning grant. The program also plays an important networking and information-disseminating role among the Tribes, Bristol Bay entities, and government agencies. The Economic Development Program implements the Bristol Bay Regional Vision in regard to culturally appropriate and resilient economic development, capacity building, and promoting resilient communities in partnership with programs in the BBNA Program Development Department to implement the Bristol Bay Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy.
Local entities are invited to submit projects for regional support in the 2023 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) Update. New projects or updates to projects already in the CEDS need to be turned in by January 13, 2023.
The 2022-2026 CEDS Industry areas of focus are: Fisheries, Workforce, Culture/Subsistence, Tourism, Energy, Transportation & Infrastructure and COVID-19 Recovery.
Organizations are welcome to submit projects based on; community/regional needs, current community plans, projects that support the industries listed above. This can help bring money into your community.
Below is a guide for all the attachments:
- CEDS NEW Project forms: https://forms.office.com/r/Kf5kvYMkGb(you will need to access this link for each new submitted project. CIP lists can be emailed directly to Kristina)
- Not sure if the CEDS is for you? Review the “The CEDS can help your community” PDF to find out if the CEDS can help your work. https://bbna.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/The-CEDS-can-help-your-community.pdf
- What are the Steps for the CEDS process? See the “Overview of CEDS Process 2023” document to review the timeline for the CEDS. https://bbna.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Overview-of-the-CEDS-Process-2023.pdf
- Need help filling out your project form? Find instructions in the document called “Filling out the CEDS project form.” https://wordpress.com/362d9bb5-d855-468a-9a91-d73bf1bca180
- Current Projects Listed in the CEDS: COVID-19, Culture & Subsistence, Energy & Broadband, Fishery, Tourism, Transportation & Infrastructure, and Workforce
To submit a project to the CEDS use the link here and fill in the fields or scan the QR Code with your smartphone or tablet.
To keep a project in the CEDS email Kristina (kRandrew@bbna.com).
You are welcome to call with questions or additional help at 907-842-6223.