Bristol Bay Native Association 2022 Natural Resources Scholarship
The Bristol Bay Native Association (BBNA) is pleased to announce scholarship opportunities for Bristol Bay Tribal Members who are planning or currently enrolled in a natural resource field.
Deadline: July 15, 2022, 4:30 p.m. AKST
Purpose: The BBNA Natural Resources Scholarship is dedicated to the support of Bristol Bay tribal members within the BBNA service area pursuing a higher education in Natural Resources, Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences, wildlife biology, fisheries management or related fields.
Required Materials: The Selection Committee will review and rank only those applicants who completely address each area. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Letter of Application: The letter must include your name, permanent mailing address, email address if available, and phone number. The letter should be no more than one page in length, and discuss the following:
- a. Interest in Natural Resources, Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences, wildlife biology, fisheries management or related fields.
- b. The importance of natural resources in Bristol Bay.
- c. Current or future commitment to education, community and your culture.
2. Two signed letters of recommendation
3. Evidence of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe within the BBNA service area. A photocopy of your enrollment card or a verification of enrollment form will be sufficient. A list of BBNA tribes can be found at www.bbna.com/our-communities/tribal-councils
4. Transcripts: All students must include transcripts, unofficial copies will be accepted.
a. High school students must also provide documented proof of acceptance to an institution of higher education and a review of college class schedule to verify major before a check is released.
b. College students must also provide proof of their declared major.
5. Application Submission
Applications must be received by July 15, 2022, 4:30 p.m. AKST.
- You may submit electronically by email to Renee Roque, at (firstname.lastname@example.org), or
- (fax 907-842-5932) or by mail to the address below.
- ATTN: BBNA Natural Resources Department
- 1500 Kanakanak Road
- Dillingham, Alaska 99576