Promoting Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency in Bristol Bay
The BBNA Economic Development Program oversees some of the Regional Energy projects. It is charged with promoting energy efficiency and renewable energy through disseminating information, planning, partnering, advocating and administering programs and projects. These efforts support the Bristol Bay Regional Vision by fostering coordination and promoting regional planning.
The Southwest Alaska Energy Network webpage is complete! Through grant funds from the US Department of Energy, Office of Indian Energy of which BBNA is a partner, this website has valuable energy information. Click on the link below and check out the work that has taken place.
The Alaska Energy Authority (AEA) announced it is seeking applications for Renewable Energy Fund (REF) grants to help Alaskans reduce the cost of energy through the development of renewable energy projects.
To learn more about REF and to apply for a Round 13 grant, visit Renewable Energy Fund (REF) Grants, then click on 2020 REF Application. Applications are due by 4 p.m. on Monday, September 28, 2020. Applicants who need assistance are encouraged to contact AEA Grants Manager Karen St. Clair by email at email@example.com or by phone at (907) 771-3081. Click here to learn more about funding.
Documents, Plans and Reports
- Bristol Bay Energy Policy and Energy Crisis Recovery Plan
- Implementation Strategies for the Bristol Bay Energy Policy and Energy Recovery Plan
- A Winter Energy Saver Tip!
- Bristol Bay Energy Policy & Implementation Strategies -Status Report–Update–2014
- Alaska Strategic Energy Plan & Planning Handbook
- Alaska Fuel Price Report – January 2015
- General Service Administration (GSA)
Bristol Bay Regional Energy Plan
- Phase I Resource Inventory Report
- Phase II Stakeholder Engagement
- Building Benchmarking form & instructions
- Alaska Housing Finance Corporation (State weatherization & rebate programs)
- ENERGY STAR (Department of Energy) (Energy efficient products. You’ll recognize the logo)
- Cold Climate Housing Research Center (Information on energy developments & efficiencies in cold climates: located in Fairbanks)
- Federal Financial Incentives for Energy Efficiencies (Federal tax credits available!)
National Renewable Energy Laboratory (Links to: biomass, geothermal, solar, wind, advanced building and advanced vehicle technologies and science)
Phone: (907) 842-6223
Fax: (907) 842-5978