Subsistence Outreach Specialist: Renee Lee-Roque
Attention Nushagak Peninsula Caribou Hunters: A Federal Permit is required for hunting caribou on the Nushagak Peninsula. Click here for more information.
Check out ADF&G Hunting Regulations
See the Alaska Department of Fish and Game – for information on Hunting, Licenses, Permits etc.
Prohibited Methods and Means of Hunting
- Using swivel guns, shotguns larger than 10 gauge, punt guns, machine guns, fish hooks, poisons, drugs, explosives or stupefying substances.
- Shooting from a sinkbox or other type of low-floating device that affords a hunter concealment beneath the surface of the water.
- Hunting from any type of aircraft.
- Using live birds as decoys, except for taking auklets on Diomede Island.
- Hunting with the aid of recorded bird calls.
- Using any type of vehicle, aircraft, or boats for the purpose of concentrating, driving, rallying, or stirring up of any birds, except boats may be used to position a hunter.
- The possession or use of lead or other toxic shot while hunting.
- Shooting while on or across any road or highway.
Questions about the Subsistence Program?
Contact Renee Lee-Roque
Subsistence Outreach Specialistrenee.email@example.com